Mijokum has grown to be a reliable manufacturer of petrochemicals and oil products. It comprises five business units namely Specialty Solvents, Waxes, Emulsions & Cleaners, Hydro-Metallurgy and Toll Manufacturing. The company’s on-site laboratories ensure consistent quality and its customers receive valuable technical support from our experienced engineers and chemists.
Mijokum is characterized by the following:
- High quality and low cost production facilities
- Well-invested plants and laboratories
- Favourable location
- Experienced management
- Leading market positions
- Operating diversity – products, customers, applications and end-use markets
Leading market positions allow Mijokum to be the supplier of choice for many customers in our markets. This has translated into strong and long-term relationships with these customers.
The company continues to grow its profitability and cash flows through:
- Leveraging existing resources to expand sales
- Achievement of cost savings
- Extracting the full benefits of vertically integrated business.
The management philosophy at Mijokum is to operate a simple and decentralized organizational structure where employees are encouraged and incentivized to act as business owners.
Mijokum products make a significant contribution to saving crops, improving health and enhancing standards of living for people in the region. Our businesses produce raw materials that are essential in the manufacture of a wide variety of goods: from paints to polishes, textiles to pesticides – chemicals manufactured by Mijokum enhance many aspects of our lives:
- Solvents used in the production of insecticides and pesticides
- Waxes used in the production of clothing and construction materials
- Emulsions used in building materials and textiles
- Aerosols used in households and for animal protection
- Copper used to distribute power to our homes and offices